March 09, 2012

Not stepping into Mohnish's shoes: Sharad Kelkar

Television actor Sharad Kelkar, who is replacing Mohnish Behl in Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, says he won’t copy the former’s style and will just play the lead character of Dr. Ashutosh

The director thought since the character requires a certain amount of maturity so I would perfectly fit into it. But I am not stepping into Mohnishji’s shoes. I am stepping into the character’s shoes. He acted very well and was brilliant in the show. But I am not going to copy him,” said  Kelkar. “I have my own style and attitude when it comes to acting. No two actors can be the same. So I hope viewers like me in my own avatar and not compare me with Mohnishji. I will try to fulfill all the requirements and expectations of people,” he said.

Before shooting for the show, Sharad did a two-day workshop with other actors of Kuch Toh Log Kahenge. “I had a meeting with the team and that time I had some prior commitments, so took some time to decide. It seemed like a challenge to me, but then I thought one should go ahead and said yes,” said the actor who is an MBA in marketing.

Sharad agreed that the industry does not have many roles for senior experienced actors. “It is a tragedy that there are not much roles for senior actors in the industry. One reason could be that they charge a lot more money than the young and fresh faces that are introduced. Second, the trends in television industry. There has always been a trend that is followed. So I believe a trend will come when senior actors will play major roles,” said Kelkar.

The actor best remembered for his role in Zee Tv’s show Saat Phere and was last seen playing the role of Digvijay Thakur in Balaji Telefilms serial Bairi Piya aired on Colors. Post completion of the show, Sharad had been busy with the shooting, dubbing and promotion of Marathi feature film Chinu, releasing on today.

Source:  IANS

Join us on Facebook

Copyright © 2012 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

No comments:

Post a Comment