December 09, 2011

I think there’s work for everyone, even for Mothers: Karishma Kapoor

Karishma Kapoor, the first Kapoor girl to step into glamour world is back on silver screen with the 3D film Dangerous Ishq almost after a decade. At 37, she is one of the hottest moms in B-Town. She still looks stunning and is in magnificent shape. She has maintained a youthful charm and the glow on her face makes her look decades younger than her age. She revealed the secret behind her perfect body, “I had put on 25 kilos during my pregnancy, sach bahut moti hoo gayi thi mai. (laughs)I run after my children and that is responsible for my body shape.”

“Every women gains an inadequate amount of weight during pregnancy. So you should eat healthy and don’t deprive yourself. If you enjoy your pregnancy then losing the weight will be equally easy. Pregnancy is an amazing experience
.”

She finds herself extremely comfy wearing the hat of a mother, twofold over. Her first daughter Samaira is now six and Kiaan(her baby boy) is growing fast and she confessed it’s easier to be a mother the second time around. “Frankly speaking, I was very fearful when I was pregnant for the first time. I am restricted and very picky about things which made me worry even more.  But it was much easier when I was pregnant with Kiaan. Being a mother is one of the most rewarding jobs on earth and also one of the most challenging. Motherhood is a process, it’s a learning experience and you learn every day because you want to be a good and caring mother.  I memorize during Samaira’s time I would frequently be sleep-deprived.  I get up in the night to check if my she was all right, but during Kiaan’s time I was like it's ok and I was much more hassle-free. Since you have been there and done that you feel it is easy, really. I believe nothing can prepare you fully for motherhood. I took advice from my mom and even read books on motherhood, but when you hold your baby in your arms it’s a totally different sensation. Nothing can prepare a woman for motherhood.

She recently announced her tie-up with online baby products, “I want to share this with every young mother. I really believe in this product has a vision of giving babies the right start in life,” said Karishma on the website.

These days Bollywood is waking up to the presence of mommies with former times silver-screen sexy babes like Sridevi , Madhuri Dixit-Nene, and Karisma making a comeback.  “Bollywood is aping the Hollywood.  Now it doesn’t matter you are mother or not. We all actors at the end of the day. I think there’s work for everyone, even for Mothers, as long as you work hard and if you are a good artist. Look at Hollywood actors like Kate Winslet and Julia Roberts, they are working mothers. Angelina Jolie is a mother of 5 kids and still very much in demand. Now Bollywood is opening, we should welcome this change. It’s really good mothers are getting good offers and characters to show their talent.

Lolo is all set to make comeback with ‘Dangerous Ishq’ and remake of 'Satte Pe Satta' is also in her kitty. Sanjay Dutt will be playing the role of Amitabh Bachchan. Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Madhuri Dixit were approached for the role essayed by Hema in the yesteryear hit, finally Karishma grabbed the opportunity to step in Hema Malini's shoes.

Talking about the character in 'Dangerous Ishq', excited actress said, “I am extremely happy to be part of such wonderful project. My character is a step above what I had previously done as an actor. It’s a 3-D film; it’s like ‘sone pe suhaaga’. I cannot reveal much about the details about my character, what I can say is that it has different shades. I you have to wait and watch (smiles). I had an amazing experience shooting the film. I will soon start shooting for another film which is remake of ‘Satte Pe Satta’.”

-K Himaanshu Shukla...

Join us on Facebook
Copyright © 2011 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

3 comments:

  1. waitin to see lolo on screen soon....and himanshu she is lolo nt bebo...bebo is kareena...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lolo is coming back............pls try to take bebo's interview

    ReplyDelete