December 08, 2011

I act Manav in my way : Hiten Tejwani

Hiten Tejwani is back on your idiot box, this time he is playing an older character in Pavitra Rishta, he recently replaced Sushant Singh Rajput .The show is all set to take a leap of 20 year on 12th December.

This is not the first time I am stepping on someone else’s shoes or the first time I am playing a father to grown up kids, but it’s a big challenge because Manav is a very popular character. Sushant has taken Manav’s character to a certain level; the challenge is in how to take Manav to the next level.  I will try my best to do that, I am not sure I could do it or not, it all depends on the viewers. Initially I was confused whether viewers will accept me or not, but touch wood they have accepted me.  Some of the loyal viewers, who have stopped watching the show after Sushant’s exit have come back."

"I had been given the brief about the leap by Production House. When I signed the contract I knew I will have kids (laughs). It is never easy to replace someone in the show, but I think it’s comparatively easier before the leap, as slowly people begin to think of you as Manav. So when you come after the leap, it’s okay. It would be a real shock if I directly stepped in after the leap,” he quips.


Ankita obviously has great chemistry with Sushant on and off screen, so it must be difficult to for Hiten to establish a rapport with his co-star Ankita, who is playing his wife Archana in the show. “I think the real life chemistry of any couple cannot be recreated by anyone else. And I don’t want to. I am happy with my life, my kids. Yes, reel life, we are trying our best to bring out the love between Manav and Archana for everyone to see. Ankita is talented and very supportive co-star.”

To my surprise, Hiten had never watched the Pavitra Rishta before. “What I knew about the show is, it’s produced by Balaji Telefilms and its doing very well in terms of TRP’s and fan following. I hadn’t watched any episode before joining it.  I watched a few episodes to get a feel for the characters, the story and the show, when I got the confirmation that I am part of this show. I act Manav in my way. I am giving him a different touch, while keeping the basic values the same."


I hope Hiten's entry and leap will help to raise the TRP ratings.

-K Himaanshu Shukla...

Join us on Facebook
Copyright © 2011 - ScrutinyByKHimaanshu

7 comments:

  1. all the best hiten
    you are a good actor ..............
    -Sita

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont like this show

    ReplyDelete
  3. all d best hiten <3 <3

    thanks sir 4 d article

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice hiten good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. ankita is the star and the reason for watching pavitra rishta

    ReplyDelete